Apart from the usual business of approving the accounts and electing officers, reports were received on various matters including external meetings attended by officers on behalf of the group. Matters reported or discussed included
- The unveiling of the two Transport Trust Red Wheel plaques at Hartlepool station.
- Progress with the refurbishment of Grand Central 180’s which should allow the strengthening of some services to ten coaches from May.
- Likely extension of Teesside TPE services to Redcar Central.
- Our aspirations for an hourly InterCity service from the Coastline to York and beyond (eg Grand Central & Cross Country) was also shared by the Tees Valley Combined Authority.
- Focus on making our views known to Transport for the North pending the publication of the Williams Review
- Ongoing discussion about the Middlesbrough – Newcastle rail corridor including Northern Connect and an article in ‘Rail’ magazine.